Natural polymers for consolidation of the Oseberg artefacts photographs and SEM images from wood treatment
MetadataShow full item record
Appendix for PhD thesis -Natural polymers for consolidation of the Oseberg artefacts. The electronic appendix for the thesis includes numerous photographs and SEM images related the thesis content that could not in included in the thesis. Photographs and scans of each piece of wood on all sides and before and after treatment were taken. An example of each was included in the thesis. However, in case it is required to review this data in the future, all photographs and scans are included in the appendix. Photographs show the top of the wood and the side. The scans allowed for all 6 sides to be documented. Also included in this electronic appendix is other raw data that might be of use to others in the future, such as SEM images, see appendix content for more details.
Related publication DOI
- Viking ships
- Wood conservation, Oseberg, chitosan, aminocellulose, B72, PEG, B98, polyethylene glycol, Butvar B98, Paraloid B72, Tert-butyldimethylsilyl chitosan, consolidant, archaeological wood, alum treated wood.
- Physical sciences::Chemistry
- T Technology::TP Chemical technology
- University of Nottingham, UK Campus::Faculty of Science::School of Biosciences
- University of Nottingham, UK Campus::Faculty of Science::School of Chemistry
- Natural polymers for consolidation of the Oseberg artefacts- Appendix for PhD thesis
Data typeAppendix including SEM images and photographs
- Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council
- Natural polymers for consolidation of the Oseberg artefacts
Data collection methodVaried. Photographs, SEM images, raw data. See thesis for more detail.